Norfolk Lodge aims to help children build the foundations for a lifetime of creative learning. Our approach is built around basic and important principles:
- That each child is unique and that every effort should be made to help children develop to their fullest potential.
- That the early years from birth to six are vital and that children need every opportunity to strengthen positive attitudes towards themselves, others and learning during these years.
- That from a solid foundation, they grow to be confident and competent learners for life.
We ensure that, from the age of 4½, all children are well prepared to move on to the State or independent school of their choice.
We offer a vast range of materials and activities. We introduce the first steps of reading, writing, number work, nature and geography in a simple, creative and enjoyable way, while stimulating language and extending vocabulary. With daily emphasis on the creative arts, there are opportunities for children to enjoy singing, dancing, music, story telling, simple drama and art work.
All of the activities in school, help to develop your child’s skills in the six key areas of learning:
- Communication, Language and Literacy
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Mathematics and Problem Solving
- Knowledge and Understanding of the World
- Creative Development
- Physical Development